Get the Most Out of the Apartment Tour
Make an appointment
While a lot of apartment complexes do allow drop-in visits, it's best to schedule an appointment with the property manager in advance. This ensures someone will be available to show you the unit you will be renting, as well as any communal spaces, such as a clubhouse or fitness center, that are closed to non-residents. Your tour guide will also be able to share valuable information regarding the complex, as well as answer your important questions.
When touring multiple apartments in Piscataway, NJ or Hamilton, it can be easy for them to start to blend together. Bring a camera and notepad with you to the showings so that you can record your thoughts about the unit and complex. Make note of things you like and don't like about the property and also record its amenities, features, and other vital details.
Ask important questions
Prepare a list of questions to ask the property manager during the tour. Check them off as you go, and write down any key pieces of information. Some important questions to ask include:
- What utilities are included in the rent?
- Are there any move-in fees?
- What are the lease terms?
- Do you require renter's insurance?
- How are emergency maintenance requests and repairs handled?
- Where do I park? Is there parking for my guests?
- How often do you increase your rental rates and by how much?
- How secure is the property?
- Can I rent a garage or store space? If so, how much does it cost?
- What's your pet policy?
- What's the process for trash disposal and recycling?
- Are the appliances in the unit in good working condition?
- What's the anticipated move-in date for this unit?
- Do the communal areas, like the clubhouse or pool, have wireless internet?
Take time to reflect
As you tour the property, take a moment to envision yourself living there. Can you see yourself cooking in the kitchen or entertaining guests? Does the unit look like it will fit your furniture and other belongings? Does it seem like a comfortable place where you'd like to live? If you don’t get a positive feeling from the apartment, then you can probably eliminate it from your list of options.
The apartment tour is a crucial part of the search process. To make the most out of your next tour, follow our helpful tips. For luxury apartments in New Jersey, visit us online.
Labels: apartment tour, apartments in piscataway nj, Edgewood Properties, luxury apartments in New Jersey